History of JSC Krasnokamsk Metal Mesh Works is inherent in the establishment history of pulp-and-paper industry in our country as well as it is an integral part of Krasnokamsk town history.
Before the Great Patriotic War had begun, in a town Kolchugino in Vladimirskaya oblast, 170 km from Moscow, there was an only workshop in a country producing metal meshes for state pulp-and-paper industry. This workshop was considered as an integral part of plant «Electrocabel».
After beginning of the War it was decided to evacuate the unique metal meshes producing facilities to Ural region. Overnight into 5 of November 1941 the first troop train with equipment, specialists, workers and their families (41 people in total) went to a town called Kraskokamsk in Permskaya oblast. In hard cold winter 1941–1942 in an old garage of Kamskiy paper mill which was very narrow and had a low smoky ceiling and frosted walls the reinstallation of evacuated machinery was executed.
Despite the big difficulties of war-time the goal to start up the mill as soon as possible was achieved, and in May 1942 the first metal meshes were weaved. The first state plan was given to the plant’s staff for July 1942. This plan was executed ahead of schedule and so the actual date of the plant establishment was considered to be on 22 of July 1942, that is the plant was found and number 684 was assigned to it. Krasnkamsk’s weavers have held this date as the Birthday of the plant.
The pioneers thanks to who the plant was found on a new location were Ivan Ivanovich Lezov, Fedor Alekseevich Pronin, Dmitriy Danilovich Urusov, Petr Filippovich Starostin, Fedor Stepanovich Leonov, Ivan Ivanovich Balakin, Ustinya Petrovna Romanova, Petr Andreevich Pavlov, Petr Fedorovich Dunaev and many others.
In postwar years the construction of new plants and expansion and modernization of old mills of paper industry went on continuously. Demand for metal meshes increased from year to year. Expansion, upgrade and reconstruction did not stop within postwar years in Krasnokamsk Metal Mesh Works, too. In 1950 Krasnokamsk’s plant produced meshes five times more than in hard year 1942. Within 1950—1954 according to the government’s resolution the first reconstruction and expansion of the plant was performed that is building of a new weaving department in area of 10 thousand square meters and installation of additional machinery equipped with automation. Within 1956–1957 the further production development was carried out including implementation of advanced working methods and improvement of process technology.
Increase in production had allowed already in 1954 to supply metal meshes abroad to such countries as Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Korea and later to Vietnam, Hungary, Mongolia, Egypt, Cuba.
In 1959 along with metal meshes production the application of synthetic materials began. The first combined meshes consisting of kapron as warp and metal as weft were weaved.
In 60s years a lot of investments were made into development of pulp-and-paper industry which was a main consumer of metal meshes. The volume of production of paper, cardboard paper, pulp and wood-fiber boards increased for 70–80%. Chemical, oil-and-gas and food industries as well as production of corrugated asbestos roofing and asphalting roofing felt and agriculture grew up in production too. All this resulted in raise of meshes output, expansion of meshes’ assortment and implementation of synthetic fabrics. Consequently within 1962-1966 the second big reconstruction and plant’s expansion including building a new weaving department and growth of facilities from 67 weaving machines up to 147 looms.
Along with the production expansion and development some social issues were decided such as construction of new housing accommodation, children garden and other pre-school institutions, plant’s hostel and country pioneer camp and other social amenities.
In 80s years one of the main targets of the plant was a development of synthetic fabrics production for fast running paper machines which could be reliable and long-life and have a quality comparable with imported ones.
Within 1980-1982 the third expansion and reconstruction were performed and the facilities for fabrics output of 185 thousand square meters a year were implemented.
At the beginning of 90s years the plant’s staff faced with issues related with change of form of ownership and survival of the plant in years being hard for the whole Russian economy. On 23 of October 1992 the plant was converted to Joint Stock Company Krasnokamsk Metal Mesh Works. In difficult conditions, while free market economy had been forming in Russia, all industries faced definitely with decline of production. With the utmost stretch of its powers the plant’s staff looked for new market outlets developing and improving the produced fabrics range.
Process of meshes and fabrics production is always upgraded. Since 2004 the investment program of production modernization and mastering of new kind of products have begun. The process line for production of «sophisticatedс» multilayer synthetic fabrics was put into operation. This line includes a warping machine by JAЕGER (Germany), a loom by JAЕGER (Germany), a computerized seaming machines by WIS ENGINEERING (Austria). High-speed looms by JAЕGER (Germany) and TRINCA (Italy) producing metal meshes and loom for production of synthetic fabrics by JUERGENS (Germany) were purchased and put into operation, too. In 2013 a new universal weaving machine by TRINCA for production of wide range of synthetic fabrics was started up.
Quality management system of the enterprise is certified according to the requirements of International Standard ISO 9001:2008. Certified quality management system and worldwide dealer net are essential conditions of our successful business activity on the world market. For our existing and potential consumers it is a guarantee of high quality of our products.